Content Officer – Welsh Essential
Cardiff or St Asaph (with hybrid working)
At Social Care Wales, we provide leadership and expertise in social care and early years in Wales.
Our vision is to make a positive difference to care and support for children, adults and their families and carers.
To do this, we lead on developing and regulating the social care workforce, service improvement, and data and research to improve care.
We are currently seeking a Content Officer to join our Communications Team on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £32,458 - £34,318 per annum
- 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Extra days off between Christmas and New Year
- Local government pension scheme
- Flexi work policy
- Hybrid working
- Family leave policy
As a Content Officer, you’ll develop, design and publish clear, engaging and accessible content for our online and offline audiences.
Making sure our content is clear, easy to understand, and in-line with our corporate standards, you’ll use the best channels to reach our audiences, including our website and social media platforms. You’ll also create marketing and communications plans for the content you develop.
You’ll work to understand our audience’s needs and produce content that effectively engages them, such as web pages, news, emails and social media posts. You’ll also guide your colleagues on preparing content that meets users’ needs and is in-line with our branding and accessibility guidelines.
To be considered as a Content Officer, you’ll need:
- Fluency in both English and Welsh
- Experience in a writing or editing role
- Experience of researching and analysing audience needs
- Experience of structuring, designing and publishing user-centred content on and/or offline
- Experience of translating complex material into plain English and Welsh
- Experience of supporting others to develop online and offline content
- Excellent knowledge of Welsh and English grammar and punctuation
- An understanding of HTML content, website content management systems and search engine optimisation
- A working knowledge of how to produce accessible content
- The ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data (including web analytics)
The closing date for applications is at 12pm on 4th December 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Copywriter, Content Creator, Content Executive, Communications Officer, Marketing Officer, Content Designer, Digital Content Officer, Social Media & PR Officer, or Digital Communications Executive.
So, if you’re looking to develop your skill set as a Content Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Click on the APPLY NOW link to apply for the job advert on our website