Procurement and Contract Assistant
Newport, Wales (with hybrid working)
We are Qualifications Wales, the independent organisation responsible for regulating general and vocational qualifications in Wales. We focus on publicly funded qualifications, including GCSEs, A-Levels and vocational qualifications.
We’re currently looking for a Procurement and Contract Assistant to join us on a permanent, full-time basis, working 37 hours per week.
- Salary of £26,900 - £30,610
- 30 days’ annual leave pro rata (plus public holidays and office closure at Christmas)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Civil Service Pension Scheme
This is the ideal opportunity for a proactive and dedicated individual to kick start a career in procurement in an environment with formal and on-the-job training as well as outstanding support.
As a Procurement and Contract Assistant, you will support the delivery of procurement and contract management activities.
Ensuring we gain value for money from our buying processes, you will work with suppliers, minimise risk and make sure we are compliant with procurement legislation.
You will manage low value and non-complex procurement and assist with higher value activities in support of the Head of Procurement and the Contracts Manager.
Additionally, you will:
- Undertake market research
- Advise staff on procurement procedures
- Administer a range of contract activity
To be considered as a Procurement and Contract Assistant, you will need:
- Experience of organising and filing information
- Experience of managing different work tasks to achieve deadlines
- Experience of working in a team to achieve to shared objectives
- Experience of responding to customer enquiries
- IT literacy including Microsoft Office and ideally Teams and SharePoint
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
Working towards, holding or the willingness to attain a CIPS qualification up to level 3 Advanced Certificate would be desirable, as would knowledge of public procurement rules. An awareness of planned legislation reforms would also be an advantage, as would the ability to speak Welsh fluently.
The closing date for applications is 13th December 2022.
Other organisations might call this Procurement Assistant, Contracts Assistant, Buying Assistant, Purchasing Assistant, Junior Buyer, Procurement Officer, or Contract Management Assistant.
So, if you are ready to take the next step in your career as a Procurement and Contract Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Click on the APPLY NOW link to apply for the job advert on our website