Menter a Busnes is an independent, not-for-profit company that supports individuals, businesses and organisations in Wales to start and develop their businesses. The Company also provides advisory services relating to economic development issues in Wales and beyond. The workforce covers 140 staff based in 5 offices across Wales and around 60 freelancers carry out work for the company at any one time.
Following the announcement of the retirement of the company's current Chief Executive, Menter a Busnes is now looking to appoint a new Chief Executive. This is an exciting opportunity to lead such a prominent company at a crucial time. The successful individual will need to:
· lead the ongoing development of Menter a Busnes by providing a strong strategic vision and leadership
· act as the company's lead ambassador, by building key links at all levels, ensuring trust in the company's ability to achieve ambitious targets
· work with the Chair of the Board to ensure effective governance and establish robust accountability frameworks across the company, and to ensure that the Board receives advice, recommendations and information in an efficient manner
· ensure that all necessary resources are available to implement the company's vision and work programme and ensure that all Menter a Busnes work is carried out effectively and in accordance with the company's aim, objectives, ethos and values
· oversee developing activities and contribute to the company's commercial services portfolio according to expertise and experience and ensure that the use of the Welsh language is promoted and developed in all aspects of the company's work
As well as a thorough understanding of economic development in Wales, the successful individual will have demonstrable experience:
• in management and leadership
• ability to inspire and develop staff
• strategic planning and financial management
• of forming partnerships and networks
• of drawing up bids and preparing successful tenders
• of reorganisation
For informal discussion and a copy of the Candidate Pack, please contact the Goodson Thomas team on 029 2167 4422 or email@example.com . To apply use the 'Submit Now/Apply Now' button on the Goodson Thomas website (https://www.goodsonthomas.com/opportunities?id=2387) to submit your CV and covering letter.
All applications are acknowledged.
Closing date: 21July 2022
Final Panel Interviews: 29 July 2022
Click on the APPLY NOW link to apply for the job advert on our website