Employers Name: Monmouthshire County Council
Salary: £27,334 - £29,269
Closing Date: 15/12/2023
Closing Time: 17:00:00
Contact Name: Cheryl Haskell / Amanda Francis
Phone: 01633 644111 / 07908724575
Contact Centre, Chepstow Hub & Home Working in accordance with needs of service
Contact Centre Team…..Who are we? We are part of the Customer Service team for Monmouthshire County Council. We are a highly driven, Professional and dynamic team, working on behalf of services across the whole council to provide end to end reports and resolutions for customers by telephone and through our Digital chatbot “Monty.” Our work is fast paced and responsive to our councils and communities needs.
We are part of a wider customer service team who are committed to ensuring customers can access Council services, advice and support that enables them to live inclusively and safely in our county. We work alongside all other council services to provide this level of support for and on behalf of them, as well as with other partner agencies.
The Purpose of this Role:-
The post holder will be part of a team who act as the first point of customer contact for people contacting the Council for a wide range of Services, and will be able to respond to customers who wish to use Welsh as their preferred language. As such how the post holder responds on initial contact will reflect upon the customer experience with the Council. It is essential that the successful applicant undertakes each interaction efficiently, effectively, sensitively and courteously. This can be at times quite challenging and so when the customer may be upset it becomes essentially important to maintain a calm and professional persona. All colleagues will be trained to answer a wide range of enquiries. Our aim is to enable you to feel confident and competent and ensure you have the skills and knowledge and attitudes needed to carry out the role professionally and effectively. Your aim is to resolve all enquiries and where this isn’t possible work with the wider team to initiate a positive outcome for the customer.
Expectation and Outcomes of this Role:-
We want colleagues who are committed to delivering first class customer contact services. You must possess fluent Welsh speaking and listening skills, be self-motivated and display empathy to the needs of the customer. You will be able to communicate comprehensively in a way that will allow you to identify customer needs and therein resolution to the customer query. You will work as part of the wider team and so your professional approach and support for work colleagues will be important.
Your responsibilities are to:-
• Respond to telephone calls, emails and live chat in Welsh and English professionally and appropriately and process enquiries accordingly.
• To work alongside colleagues in Community Hubs – face to face Customer interaction – where and if service requires.
• To log all enquiries and reports onto the My Monmouthshire Customer Record Management System and any other systems that are needed to capture specific Information and data.
• To respond to customers sensitively with empathy and understanding, particularly where there are matters of that nature, and to follow up on behalf of customers when enquiries remain unresolved.
• To advise on services available and associated matters such as entitlement, suitability etc. and progress through the necessary channels and procedures in order to deliver the end product.
• Be competent in working efficiently across various software and telephony platforms.
• Process payments for a range of services offered by the Council.
• During emergency situations gather appropriate data to assist with the prioritisation of services to meet demand.
• Ensure compliance with Council policies.
Here’s what we can provide you with:-
• All equipment required to carry out your role
• Any training required to ensure you have skills and competencies needed
Click on the APPLY NOW link to apply for the job advert on our website
Downloads / Forms and useful documents:
Swydd Ddisgrifiad Swyddog Gwybodaeth - Canolfan Gyswllt