Ynni Llŷn is a community interest company located in Botwnnog, Pen Llŷn. Please learn more about us here: https://www.ynnillyn.cymru/about-us/
About the project
We are launching a project, Retrofit for All, in the Summer of 2023.
The aim of Retrofit for All is to improve the energy efficiency of homes in Pen Llŷn through insulation and installing heat pumps and photovoltaic panels using government grants.
We will employ a team of retrofit professionals to provide a quality framework under which local contractors can undertake this volume of work.
Please learn more about our Retrofit for All project here: https://www.ynnillyn.cymru/projects/
About the Role
The Office Administrator will support a small team of Retrofit Assessors, dealing with telephone enquiries, recording customer details, making appointments and making claims for grant monies.
This post will suit someone who is passionate about combatting climate change, is able to engage with residents with empathy, and can work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
Familiarity with basic IT systems and office applications (such as Microsoft Office – Word, Excel etc..) is desirable. Training will be provided.
The ability to speak Welsh fluently is essential.
1. Assist with building office systems and data collection.
2. Ensure smooth working of work procedures.
3. Maintain a comprehensive CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and the associated record keeping (digital and physical copies).
4. Perform some reception desk activities such as:Answer telephone calls bilingually (Welsh and English)
5. Set up answer-phone services for out-of-office hours
6. Answer letters etc..
6. Make and record appointments and other obligations for Retrofit Assessor and local contractor visits.
7. Make claims for government grants and assist with applications for other sources of funding.
8. Refer customers to other specialist agencies as required and/or appropriate.
9. Perform some customer support activities.
Application closing date
1. Deadline: Please send in your applications by 17:00 BST, November 30th 2023, Thursday
2. After the closing date, no further applications will be accepted!
3. We are actively hiring for this position and we process applicants in a chronological queue
4. It is highly recommended to apply as soon as you can!
Stage 1: Assessment of applications
Stage 2: Interview of shortlisted candidates
Stage 3: Offer of post and agreement of remuneration and terms of employment
Stage 4: Appointment
What we can offer you
1. Final salary will be determined by level of experience and qualifications.
2. Pension scheme.
3. Flexible working hours (depending on the team’s requirements and constraints).
4. Sponsored opportunities to enrol on training courses and acquire qualifications pertinent to your duties.
5. Annual leave of 28 days (including Bank/State/Public Holidays).
6. Statutory sick pay.
7. Statutory paid maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental/parental bereavement leave based on eligibility requirements.
8. Other types of paid leave such as carers/compassionate/emergency based on eligibility requirements.
We offer equal opportunities
Ynni Llŷn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know diversity fuels knowledge exchange, fosters innovation, and empowers us to grow and be better as an organisation, community and as individuals. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any requirements to ensure fair and equitable access.
If you don’t meet every single requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. Our top priority is finding the best candidate and you may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We all have great potential. At Ynni Llŷn, you’ll discover what you can really do with it!
Our declaration on our employment practices
Please read more about our employment practices here: https://www.ynnillyn.cymru/about-us/#our-employment-practices
Click on the APPLY NOW link to apply for the job advert on our website